The GLAS Smart Thermostat is a multifunctional device that enables comfortable and energy efficient spaces. This digital room thermostat is designed to configure temperature controls, monitor air quality, and assist with energy savings in most residential and limited commercial applications. It offers a simple, state-of-the-art, 40% translucent, color touchscreen display that makes the user interface easy to navigate. The translucent, color touchscreen on the device displays the current temperature, humidity, occupancy, heating or cooling status, date, time, and Wi-Fi connection. The display also includes local weather conditions and forecasts when connected to Wi-Fi. The GLAS Smart Thermostat can be paired through Wi-Fi to receive access of the device through the user’s smart phone or tablet. The mobile application is compatible with iOS and Android smart phones and tablets. When connected to Wi-Fi, an integrated Microsoft Cortana® intelligent assistant allows optional voice control of GLAS through the device or with the Cortana mobile app. Additionally, with a Wi-Fi connection and a registered account, Google Assistant-enabled and Amazon Alexa-enabled devices can be connected to allow for remote voice control of the device. GLAS functions not only as a smart thermostat, but also an air quality monitoring device. The digital thermostat includes indoor air quality measurements for total volatile organic compound (tVOC), relative humidity (%RH), and eqCO2, as well as outdoor air quality measurements for Air Quality Index (AQI), UV index, and allergens when connected to Wi-Fi. Refer to the GLAS Thermostat Product Bulletin (LIT-12012958) for important product application information.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity—Provides accessibility and control of the device through the web or user’s smart phone and tablet.
- Cortana Voice Assistant—Integrated speaker and microphone allow you to manage the thermostat through voice control on the thermostat and the Cortana app with a Microsoft account.
- Amazon Echo® and Google Home® Integration—Connects GLAS through the Amazon Alexa or Google Home app to allow remote voice control of the thermostat.
- Energy Reporting—When connected to Wi-Fi, the device displays hours of energy saved compared to a standard thermostat. When not connected to Wi-Fi is displays only equipment runtime.
- Indoor Air Quality Monitoring— Integrated SPG30 sensor for indoor air quality to monitor Total Volatile Organic Compounds (tVOC) and Equivalent Carbon Dioxide (eqCO2).
- Indoor Humidity Monitoring and Control—Integrated humidity sensor allows you to monitor relative humidity inside the space and option to control when connected to a humidifier, dehumidifier, or ventilator.
- Outdoor Air Quality Monitoring—When connected to Wi-Fi, provides level indicators of allergens (pollen), Air Quality Index (ozone, pollution, carbon monoxide, and sulfur dioxide), and UV index.
- Outdoor Weather—When connected to Wi-Fi, based on postal code, provides forecast, real time temperatures, wind speeds, and highs and lows for the day.
- Fan Control—Provides a variety of fan options, including; manual runtime, minimum hourly runtime, and smart circulation for fan runtime when air quality is poor.
- Seven Day Scheduling—Allows user to schedule one-time or reoccurring events. Events include Home, Away, and Sleep with defaulted temperature preferences that can be manually adjusted.
- Integrated Occupancy Sensor— Reduces energy usage by adjusting heating or cooling based on detected space occupancy. Sensor can override scheduled events.
- Integrated Proximity Sensor—Responds to hand gestures and illuminates device for ease-of-use.
- Vacation Mode—Create scheduled vacation events when space is unoccupied for an extended period of time.
- Ease of Installation—Wire detection simplifies installation by detecting which of the wires are connected to the thermostat. As well as an included C-wire adapter for systems without a common (C) wire.
- Automatic Upgrades—When connected to Wi-Fi, accepts over the air updates to keep functionality and security up to date.
- Translucent Screen—40% translucent, easy-to-us, color touchscreen.
- Notifications—Option to enable notifications, including; when to change air filter, HVAC service maintenance reminder, poor indoor air quality, and indoor temperature safety range.